Accessible Customer Service Policy
Newton Connectivity Systems (Newton) is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for its customers and third parties and to providing our goods and services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities.
Use of Service Animals and Support Persons
Persons with disabilities may enter any Newton office accompanied by a service animal and keep the animal with them, if the public has access to such premises, and the animal is not otherwise excluded by law.
People with disabilities that require a support person are allowed to enter our premises, and at no time will a person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person be prevented from having access to his or her support person while on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions
Newton will make reasonable effort to provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. We may not be able to give advance notice in case of an emergency disruption.
When disruptions occur Newton will provide notice by posting notices in conspicuous places including at the point of disruption, at the main entrance and/or the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption and/or on the Newton website.
Newton will provide accessible customer service training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Staff will be trained on Accessible Customer Service as soon as possible after hiring or engagement, on commencement of new or additional duties that require training and ongoing basis when changes are made to applicable procedures and policy.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Newton’s policy related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- If applicable, how to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Newton’s goods or services
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Newton provides goods and service to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following ways:
- In person at 303-65 Queen St. W, Toronto, Ontario
- By telephone at 416-626-2723 ext. 3254
- Electronically to email@example.com
All feedback, including complaints, will be responded to customer within 10 business days.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Newton is committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Any policy, practice or procedure of Newton that does not respect and promote the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity for people with disabilities will be modified or removed.